Are you an experienced project manager? Are you responsible for all aspects of project delivery, leading and directing your team? Become a PMP and become a project super hero.
The Project Management Professional is one of the leading industry certification for project managers. PMPs can be found in the nearly every country on earth. Being a PMP allows you to work in virtually any industry and with any methodology in any location.
The PMP process is comprised of five process sections:
- Start. Starting is made up of two processes, developing a project charter and identify stakeholders.
- Plan. Develop a project management plan, human resource plan and schedule. Define and sequence activities, as well as estimate costs, activity resources and durations. Collect requirements, and determine a budget. Plan procurements, risk management and risk responses as well as procedures. Perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis. Planning, of course, is laden with the heaviest procedures, insuring the execution of the plan runs smooth.
- Do. Direct and manage project execution, perform quality assurance, develop, manage and acquire a project team. Distribute information, manage stakeholder expectations and conduct procurements.
- Check and Act. Monitor and control project work and risks. Verify scope of project. Control scope, schedule and costs. Administer procurements.
- End. Close out project or phase and close procurements.
PMP also recognizes nine knowledge areas, management in these areas:
- Human Resource
The PMP certification indicates that you speak and understand the global language of project management as well as connecting you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide.